Before we build bridges, tunnels, tracks and stations, the largest archaeology programme ever undertaken in the UK is taking place along the line of route.
Our archaeology programme is continuing to unearth discoveries across our sites. To share information about these works and some of the exciting finds uncovered throughout construction we are hosting an online archaeology event.
Designed for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own home our free, online event will take you on a virtual tour of Warwickshire from Kenilworth to Coleshill. Our team of archaeologists will reveal some of the stories that have been uncovered so far through photographs, footage and new imagery captured during archaeological excavations. You will be able to ask the team questions via a live Q&A chat option.
Please note: This is a combination of previous webinars we’ve hosted covering our archaeology work in Warwickshire.
Registration for our event is now open.
- Event title: The Archaeology of HS2 in Warwickshire.
- About the event: As part of the ‘Festival of Archaeology’ hosted by our contractor Wessex Archaeology, this webinar we will explore the exciting archaeology work in Warwickshire and what their discoveries can tell us about the lives of people in the past.
- Date and time: Thursday 16 July, 12.30-1.30pm.
- Click here to register for tickets: Tickets for this event are now open.
- To learn more about the Festival of Archaeology visit: https://festival.archaeologyuk.org/
We will be publishing video recordings of our webinar online, so if you are not able to listen live you can still learn about our archaeological work through a dedicated playlist on the HS2 YouTube channel.