Meriden Neighbourhood Development Plan
Regulation 14 public consultation – Drop-in Sessions on Saturday 19 October 2019
The public consultation will end on Friday 25 October 2019, for more information please download the full poster here
Regulation 14 – Pre-Submission Consultation
Notice is hereby given that Meriden Parish Council as the Qualifying Body has prepared a neighbourhood development plan entitled the ‘Meriden Neighbourhood Development Plan’ for their Parish with the help of the local community and has formally published its Pre-submission Draft Plan for public consultation.
The Plan sets out a vision for the future of the Parish and planning policies which will be used to determine planning applications within the Neighbourhood Area.
In accordance with Regulation 14 of Part 5 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the Parish Council must now publicise the Pre-Submission Draft Plan for a minimum of 6 weeks inviting feedback from organisations and residents on the Pre-Submission Draft Plan.
A copy of the Pre-submission Draft Plan and supporting documentation are available below. Alternatively, hard copies of the documents are available for inspection at the Pavilion, Meriden Sports Park and Meriden Library during normal working hours.
The consultation starts on Thursday 12th September 2019. Representations on the Pre-submission Draft Plan may be made to the Parish Council by no later than 5pm on Friday 25th October 2019.
You are encouraged to submit your representations electronically. This can be done by using the on-line comment form available below and email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to post your response, please send to Meriden Parish Council, c/o Parish Clerk, 55 James Dawson Drive, Millison’s Wood CV5 9QJ or hand deliver to Meriden Library.
All representations received will be collated and will inform possible future modifications to the Pre-submission Draft Plan prior to submission to the Local Planning Authority. Representations received will not be acknowledged or have individual responses.
You can read the pre-submission draft with the link below:
- Appendix 2 - Parish Design Statement 2011 in full
- Appendix 3 - Meriden’s Neighbourhood Plan Survey 2016
- Appendix 4 - Meriden’s Neighbourhood Plan Business Survey 2017
- Appendix 5 - Meriden’s Housing Needs Survey (WRCC) 2018
- Appendix 6 - Meriden’s Housing Needs Assessment (AECOM) 2019
- Appendix 7 - Solihull Council Housing Allocation Scheme
Appendix 8 – Local Green Spaces – Assessments 1 to 17
- Assessment 1
- Assessment 2
- Assessment 3
- Assessment 4
- Assessment 5
- Assessment 6
- Assessment 7
- Assessment 8
- Assessment 9
- Assessment 10
- Assessment 11
- Assessment 12
- Assessment 13
- Assessment 14
- Assessment 15
- Assessment 16
- Assessment 17
- Appendix 9 - Meriden & Millison’s Wood Tree Survey 2014 to date
- Appendix 10 - Meriden Ecological Report
- Appendix 11 - Meriden Designated and other important Heritage Assets
Meriden Neighbourhood Development Plan – Revised timetable
Stage 3 – Pre-Submission Version
- Health check review of draft NP by Avon Planning and SMBC Jun-Jul 2019
- Statutory consultation of pre-submission version (Regulation 14) Sep-Oct 2019
- Analysis, summary and tabulation of consultation responses Nov 2019
- Amendments and modifications to pre-submission version Dec 2019
- Basic Conditions Statement (required) Jan 2020
- Consultation Statement (required) Jan 2020
Following Cabinet’s approval of Meriden Parish as the designated area for Meriden’s Neighbourhood Plan, the parish council held its inaugural working group meeting on Tuesday 21 April 2015.
What’s in a Neighbourhood Plan?
- Objectives to meet the vision of the Plan
- Policies to achieve the objectives
- Explanatory text to support the policies
Policies can include areas such as:
- Housing and employment allocations, housing mix to meet community needs
- Protection of important community facilities and promoting new ones
- Protection of open spaces, playing fields and greens
- Drainage and flood prevention
- High quality design, conservation of historical assets
- Promotion of walking and cycling routes
- Protection of allotments and promotion of new growing space
- Renewable energy and minerals extraction
What’s in it for us?
5 reasons why you should have a Neighbourhood Plan
- Unprecedented opportunity to make your voice heard through the production of a binding set of planning policies
- Gives you a lot more influence and control over the development of your area
- Allows you to develop criteria and choose which sites are allocated for what kind of development and how that development should look
- Helps you to deliver real, tangible, benefits for your area e.g. new homes for local people and the protection of open spaces for future generations to enjoy
- Facilitates community cohesion through tackling local issues and aspirations which may otherwise be overlooked by SMBC
Neighbourhood Plans are parish council led but should operate outside of our standing orders. This means that community involvement is essential. The working group will meet monthly and we welcome more residents and local businesses to join us. To find out more, contact the Chair, Cllr Rosie Weaver,of the working group at email@example.com.
What is the Neighbourhood Plan?
Designation of the Meriden Neighbourhood Area
Neighbourhood Planning Meeting Minutes
The minutes from recent Neighbourhood Planning Meetings are available here to view and download. Please note that these documents are in pdf format, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access them. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free download.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Minutes - 17th April 2019
- Minutes - 20th Febuary 2019
- Minutes - 23rd January 2019
- Minutes - 18th December 2018
- Minutes 13th November 2018
- Minutes - 2nd October 2018
- Minutes - 21st August
- Minutes - 19th June 2018
- Minutes - 17th January 2018
- Minutes - 2nd October 2018 (Unapproved)
- Minutes - 14th March 2018
- Minutes - 15th February 2018
- Minutes - 6 December 2017
- Minutes - 08 November 2017
- Minutes - 14 September 2017
- Minutes - 20th July 2017
- Minutes - 15 June 2017
- Minutes - 27 April 2017
- Minutes - 16 March 2017
- Minutes - 09 February 2017
- Minutes - 12 January 2017
- Minutes - 15 December 2016
- Minutes - 17 November 2016
- Minutes - 15 September 2016
- Minutes - 28 July 2016
- Minutes - 23 June 2016
- Minutes - 26 May 2016
- Minutes - 20 April 2016
- Minutes - 24 March 2016
- Minutes - 18 February 2016
- Minutes - 28 January 2016
- Minutes - 19 November 2015
- Minutes - 17 September 2015