Further to recent reports in the press regarding latest planning application for Meriden Quarry, please see the following Parish Council statement, and attached documents submitted to SMBC Planning.
Project: Advice on Planning Application – PL/2015/52078/PPFL
Date: 19 November 2015
Site – Meriden Quarry, Cornets End Lane, Meriden
Proposal – Construction of an in-vessel composting (IVC) facility, biomass energy facility and waste water treatment plant including 3 No. weighbridges, weighbridge office, 2 No. car parks, coach park, outside learning space and office/education facility.
- Solihull MBC Planning advised the Quarry Liaison Group that meets quarterly of proposed application in September 2015. Hampton PC and Meriden PC sit on this and we also have a local representative from both areas on this group
- Public notified on all Parish Council Noticeboards that the Agent was to attend October’s PC meeting for Presentation of Proposed Planning Application for Biomass Energy Facility
- Meriden PC Planning Consultant appointed to provide advice and formal response on behalf of the Parish Council as we did not have the technical knowledge
- Site visit requested and arranged with Applicant & Agent on 5th November 2015 for Meriden and Hampton PCs, District Cllr Bell and Quarry Representatives
- Resident Representative from Quarry Liaison Group & Clerk worked on letter to planning outlining conditions together with Planning Consultant Advice (attached for ease of reference)
- Meriden PC letter submitted to planning with conditions attached together with Planning Consultant advice.
- On-going liaison with Planning Officers, Environment Agency, Applicant, Agent and Land Owner for mitigation & conditions re dust, noise, traffic management, odour & leachate
- Applicant attended Quarry Liaison meeting in December 2015. Further concerns raised and recorded formally at meeting with request for Environment Agency report and attendance
- Planning Committee hearing on 5 January 2016
- Documents & Parish Council outlined conditions re-submitted to Ward Cllr David Bell as Chair of Planning Committee
- Awaiting decision
- Meeting requested with Applicant and Agent to finalise conditions and mitigation
Cllr Rosie Weaver, Vice Chair, Clerk Barbara Bland and Quarry Representative, are all happy to speak to any residents and take questions either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Parish Council office on 01676 522474.